Introduction to Sustainability-Linked Bonds
20 October 2022 (3:30 pm - 7:00 pm)
Non-MIBA Member : RM1,100.00
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Sustainability-Linked Bonds (SLB) play a key role in funding a wide range of issuers to finance the transition to a low carbon economy. SLB are a forward-looking performance based instrument where issuers disclose their sustainability objectives, which are measured through predefined sustainability Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and assessed against Sustainability Performance Targets (SPTs) within a set timeline.
Developed and delivered by a combination of leading market practitioners and International Capital Market Association (ICMA)’s sustainable bond experts, this online programme provides a thorough and practical introduction to the essentials of SLB, including steps required for making an SLB issue. It introduces the underlying market drivers, evolving regulatory framework and the main features of the SLB product and market based on the Sustainability-linked Bond Principles (SLBP), including essential definitions of what constitutes an SLB issue and a detailed review of how the SLBP work.
While focusing on SLBs, the webinar also looks at developments in the green and sustainability bond market and ICMA’s guidance on climate transition finance. Climate transition is a key sustainability objective that can be financed by both green and sustainability bonds and SLBs.
- Identify recent trends and potential future developments and opportunities for green, social and sustainability bonds
- Identify recent trends and potential future developments and opportunities for SLB
- Review why the SLB market matters and how it works
- Demonstrate the foundation skills for taking part in the SLB market on how and why to align with and apply the Sustainability-linked Bond Principles (SLBP), including :
- Identifying the benefits of SLBs and developing the positioning in your organization and decision-makers;
- Analysing alignment with overall corporate/ environmental strategy;
- Planning an SLB issuance framework linked to the five core components of the SLBP
- Identify recommendations and practice in reporting, including the performance of KPIs and ambition of Sustainability Performance Targets (SPTs)
- Identify the role and value-added of external service providers, notably external reviews foreseen by and partly required under the SLBP and increasingly by regulators
- Identify buy-side considerations including rationale for integrating SLBs in investment strategy and practice.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Islamic & Debt Capital Markets professionals
- Investment Bankers, Corporate & Financial Advisors
- Corporate Banking Relationship Managers
- Credit, Operations Officers & Research Analysts
- Individuals interested in SLB
Raymond Seager, CFA
International Capital Markets Association (ICMA)
MIBA Member : RM900.00 per participant
Non-MIBA Member : RM1,100.00 per participant
*10% discount applies for group registration of 5 or more from the same organisation
The closing date for the registration is on Tuesday, 11 October 2022.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full payment to the following bank account is required with registration, at least one (1) week prior to the date of the programme :
Pay to: MALAYSIAN INVESTMENT BANKING ASSOCIATION
Account No: 8881003952559
Bank Details: AmBank (M) Berhad
Bangunan AmBank Group,
No. 55, Jalan Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Please e-mail payment advice to email@example.com and state the Invoice No.
Cancellation / Substitution
Cancellations or refunds within one (1) week from the date of the programme will NOT be entertained. Non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and no refund will be given. Substitute(s) will be accepted provided forty-eight (48) hours prior written notice is received.
Personal data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709).
MIBA reserves the right to change the date, speaker, course contents and programme or cancel the programme in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
For more queries, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +603-27113991.