- This Personal Data Protection Notice (Notice) sets out the basis which Malaysian Investment Banking Association (MIBA, we, or our) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA).
- This Notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of MIBA and by you providing the information to MIBA for the purposes stipulated below, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data. This Notice applies to personal data in our possession, including personal data collected and to be collected before and after issuance of this Notice.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information which relates directly or indirectly to you, including without limitation your name, national identity card no. (NRIC. No.), passport number, image or photograph, contact number, address, email address, designation, department, company name, Capital Markets Services Representative’s License Number (CMSRL Number), Employees of Registered Person Number (ERP Number) and all other details provided by you or your company regarding yourself and/or other person(s) who may be identified from the data.
- We may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Directly from you when you have been engaged by MIBA to provide training services;
- When you register for MIBA programmes;
- When you provide your Personal Data when completing certain forms and documents such as registration forms, feedback forms, and complaints forms;
- By way of your participation in MIBA’s events, activities and programmes;
- From third party referrals and agencies; and
- Any information that you have provided and will provide to us from time to time.
- The provision of your personal data requested for by MIBA is mandatory, unless specified otherwise. If you do not provide MIBA your personal data, we may not be able to process your application/request, provide you with the relevant services or engage you to provide services on behalf of MIBA.
Purposes of Processing
- MIBA may use and process your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- To process your registration for MIBA programmes;
- To relay your registration details to relevant parties such as the Securities Industry Development (SIDC) and Asian Institute of Chartered Bankers (AICB) including any other learning organization or institute for accreditation purposes;
- To process any complaints or feedback you have provided;
- To invite your participation in MIBA programmes, activities and events;
- To provide you with information and latest updates on MIBA’s training programmes, business partners or service providers;
- For internal administrative purposes, such as to improve MIBA’ services, conduct surveys or data analysis;
- Any other purpose related to the above; and
- For any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
- We may also collect and process data in the form of photo capturing or video recording, for the purpose of publications or MIBA’ records, as deemed relevant.
- MIBA may contact you for the above purposes and/or additional purposes either by way of telephone calls, emails or any other form of communication available.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
- We may disclose your Personal Data to our employees, affiliates, agents, strategic partners, service vendors/providers, consultants, professional advisors, external auditors and any person who is under a duty of confidentiality to MIBA.
- We may also disclose to any other third parties including professional bodies, training institutions, banks, financial institutions and any other authorities, agencies, bodies or departments, if necessary.
- We shall disclose your Personal Data to whom we are required to under the law.
- Your personal data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia subject to the conditions and jurisdictions as may be permitted by law. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Access & Correction Request, Limiting the Processing and Inquiries
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access, request correction or limit the processing of your personal data or be excluded from our engagements at any time hereafter.
- You may also contact MIBA with any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request on this Notice, at the following address/telephone number/e-mail address:
- Malaysian Investment Banking Association
- Level 8, Bangunan AICB, 10, Jalan Dato’ Onn, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: (603)-27113991
- Email: email@example.com
- We shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by notifying you or by placing the updated Notice on our website. By continuing to communicate with MIBA, or by your continuing relationship with MIBA following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.