Fraud Detection in eKYC and Digital Onboarding
4 August 2021
Non-MIBA Member : RM650
AICB 3 CPD Hours
FIMM 3 CPD Points
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Electronic Know Your Customer (eKYC) enables the digital onboarding of customers to occur anytime and anywhere. Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) had on 30 June 2020 issued a policy document on eKYC, which aims to accelerate and streamline practices of industry players in their adoption of eKYC technology, the online process of identifying and verifying individual customers. It also sets out eKYC best practices and parameters to ensure security and integrity of the onboarding process for customers. Given that digital onboarding will expose financial institutions (FIs) to new fraud risks, it is crucial for FIs to undertake necessary fraud detection mechanisms to minimize such risks.
- Review the key digital ID & eKYC regulatory models and approaches adopted internationally, and assess the pros and cons associated with each
- Analyze BNM’s e-KYC Policy Document, Bursa Malaysia and Identity Digital Nasional (MyKAD) KYC/Customer Due Diligence requirements for online account opening and activities in the context of investment banking and capital markets and explore the practical issues and challenges from an industry perspective
- Review eKYC, digital ID and fraud prevention processes and key components and apply key international standards and best practices in onboarding activities
- Assess the types of digital ID and eKYC fraud and financial crime risks that occur during the eKYC process and establish mitigating measures to manage such risks
- Develop an effective eKYC and fraud prevention risk management compliance programme
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Compliance Officers
- Risk Management Practitioner
- Legal Advisers
- Operations & Information Technology Officers and other personnel involved in the eKYC project
- Individuals interested in understanding fraud detection in eKYC & digital onboarding
Mr Thomas Wan
International Compliance Training Academy (ICTA)
Global Lead – Cybercrime and Data Security
MIBA Member : RM500.00 per participant
Non-MIBA Member : RM650.00 per participant
*10% discount applies for group registration of 5 or more from the same organisation
The closing date for the registration is on Wednesday, 28 July 2021.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full payment to the following bank account is required with registration, at least one (1) week prior to the date of the programme :
Pay to: MALAYSIAN INVESTMENT BANKING ASSOCIATION
Account No: 8881003952559
Bank Details: AmBank (M) Berhad
Bangunan AmBank Group,
No. 55, Jalan Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Please e-mail payment advice to email@example.com and state the Invoice No.
Cancellation / Substitution
Cancellations or refunds within one (1) week from the date of the programme will NOT be entertained. Non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and no refund will be given. Substitute(s) will be accepted provided forty-eight (48) hours prior written notice is received.
Personal data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709).
MIBA reserves the right to change the date, speaker, course contents and programme or cancel the programme in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
For more queries, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +603-27113991.