Sustainability-Linked Bonds: Context and Analysis
19 & 20 June 2023 (3:00 pm - 6:30 pm)
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Developed and delivered by a combination of leading market practitioners and ICMA’s sustainable bond experts, this online course provides a thorough and practical introduction to the essentials of Sustainability-Linked Bonds (SLB), including steps required for making an SLB issue.
It introduces the underlying market drivers, evolving regulatory framework and the main features of the SLB product and market based on the Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles (SLBP), including essential definitions of what constitutes an SLB issue and a detailed review of how the SLBP work.
While focusing on SLBs the course also looks at developments in the green and sustainability bond market and ICMA’s guidance on climate transition finance. Climate transition is a key sustainability objective that can be financed by both green and sustainability bonds and SLBs.
- Livestreamed – Seven hours (Two x 3.5-hour sessions)
- Online self-study course – 225 minutes (15 x 15-minute narrated
modules, plus concept checking questions)
- Identify recent trends and potential future developments and opportunities for
Sustainability-Linked Bonds (SLB)
- Analyze the SLB market and its issuance framework
- Apply the Sustainability-linked Bond Principles (SLBP) in a SLB market
- Identify the benefits of SLBs
- Recognize the relevant regulations and the SLBP’s importance in regulatory
- Identify recommendations and practice in reporting performance of Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ambition of Sustainability Performance
- Assess the role and value-add of external service providers for external
reviews under the SLBP
- Analyze the Climate Transition Finance Handbook’s recommended
disclosures and its elements
- Identify buy-side considerations and rationale for integrating SLBs in
investment strategy and practice
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- MIBA Members’ Islamic & Debt Capital Markets staff
Raymond Seager, International Capital Markets Association (ICMA)
Gladys Chua, Head of Sustainability Services at RAM Sustainability Sdn Bhd
MIBA Member : RM2,500.00 per participant
The closing date for the registration is on Friday, 28 April 2023.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full payment to the following bank account is required with registration, at least one (1) week prior to the date of the programme :
Pay to: MALAYSIAN INVESTMENT BANKING ASSOCIATION
Account No: 8881003952559
Bank Details: AmBank (M) Berhad
Bangunan AmBank Group,
No. 55, Jalan Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Please e-mail payment advice to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the Invoice No.
Cancellation / Substitution
Cancellations or refunds within one (1) week from the date of the programme will NOT be entertained. Non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and no refund will be given. Substitute(s) will be accepted provided forty-eight (48) hours prior written notice is received.
Personal data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709).
MIBA reserves the right to change the date, speaker, course contents and programme or cancel the programme in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
For more queries, kindly email email@example.com or contact us at +603-27113991.