Introduction to Green, Social and Sustainability Bonds
17 October 2022 (3:30 pm - 7:00 pm)
Non-MIBA Member : RM1,200.00
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Green bonds which finance projects with environmental benefits have passed the USD1 trillion milestone for the amount issued since the first ever green bond in 2007. Fast growth in this market sector is driving unprecedented demand for skilled professionals in the fundamentals of the products and the application of the Green, Social and Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles, the foundation for sustainable bond issuance.
This webinar provides a deep understanding of the mechanics of green, social and sustainability bonds, from the big picture policy context to introducing the underlying drivers of market development, main product features and regulation. It discusses the Principles and explains how they work in practice, including evaluation and selection of eligible projects for funding, the role of external reviewers and guidance on reporting.
The programme is illustrated with examples from the market, getting you ready to apply the knowledge at work and includes online self-study with a series of 12 x 15-min narrated videos, plus concept-checking questions and supplementary materials, available to participants for six months as reference material :
- Section I – Product Landscape
Module I – The Big Picture: Policy Context of Sustainable Finance
Module II – Product Snapshot: Green and Social
Module III – Market Organisation and Product Guidance
Module IV – Dynamics in GSS bond markets
- Section II – Green Bond Principles
Module I – GBP Pillar I
Module II – GBP Pillar II & III
Module III – GBP Pillar IV
Module IV – External Reviews
- Section III – Social Bond Principles
Module I – Social Bond Principles
- Section IV – Coming to Market
Module I – Market Participants
Module II – Preparing for Market
- Section V – Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles
Module I – Sustainability-Linked Bond Principles
- Identify recent trends and potential future developments and opportunities for green, social and sustainability bonds
- Discuss why the market matters and how it works
- Review the foundation skills for taking part in the GSS bond market on how and why to align with and apply the Principles
- Identify principles aligned issuance framework to the 4 pillars of GSS bonds
- Define green and social type of projects eligible for GSS bonds
- Recognize reporting frameworks on the recommendations and practice in reporting, including allocation and impact reports, and templates offered by the Green Bond Principles (GBP) and Social Bond Principles (SBP)
- Identify perspectives and roles of the key players in the GSS bond market including regulators, investors, underwriters, issuers, external reviewers including rating agencies, stock exchanges, data and index providers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Islamic & Debt Capital Markets professionals
- Investment Bankers, Corporate & Financial Advisors
- Corporate Banking Relationship Managers
- Credit, Operations Officers & Research Analysts
- Individuals interested in GSS bonds
Clarisse Simonek, CFA
International Capital Markets Association (ICMA)
MIBA Member : RM1,000.00 per participant
Non-MIBA Member : RM1,200.00 per participant
*10% discount applies for group registration of 5 or more from the same organisation
The closing date for the registration is on Tuesday, 11 October 2022.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full payment to the following bank account is required with registration, at least one (1) week prior to the date of the programme :
Pay to: MALAYSIAN INVESTMENT BANKING ASSOCIATION
Account No: 8881003952559
Bank Details: AmBank (M) Berhad
Bangunan AmBank Group,
No. 55, Jalan Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Please e-mail payment advice to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the Invoice No.
Cancellation / Substitution
Cancellations or refunds within one (1) week from the date of the programme will NOT be entertained. Non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and no refund will be given. Substitute(s) will be accepted provided forty-eight (48) hours prior written notice is received.
Personal data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709).
MIBA reserves the right to change the date, speaker, course contents and programme or cancel the programme in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
For more queries, kindly email email@example.com or contact us at +603-27113991.