Amendments to Listing Requirements including Conflict of Interest and Recent Developments in Corporate Malaysia
21 – 22 February 2024 (9:00 am to 12:30 pm)
1. Describe the rationale for the amendments to Bursa Malaysia’s Listing Requirements (LR);
2. Explain recent developments to the LR; and
3. Articulate practical implications on listed companies arising thereof :
- articulate practical implications on corporate proposals (as per case studies in Sessions 1 and 2 of course outline) arising from amendments to LR;
- articulate practical implications on disclosure requirements arising from the enhanced Conflict of Interest framework in Session 3 of course outline;
- articulate practical implications on future corporate proposals involving debts settlement by way of share issue, arising from recent developments in interpretation of LR; and
- articulate practical implications on future corporate proposals arising from recent developments in interpretation of LR.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- MIBA Members’ Corporate Finance personnel (Manager level and above)
Mr Chee Kai Mun, ACMA, CGMA
Mr. Chee is the Director cum Principal Trainer of CKM Advisory Sdn Bhd, a company that focuses on providing specialized training relating to Bursa Malaysia’s Main and ACE Markets Listing Requirements (“Listing Requirements”).
Prior to the formation of CKM Advisory Sdn Bhd, he was the Head and Vice President, Listing Advisory & Development of Bursa Malaysia. He was instrumental in setting up, and subsequently spearheaded the Listing Advisory division in Bursa Malaysia. This division is a specialized team in Bursa Malaysia that provides guidance and advice to listed companies and their advisors (namely, investment banks, legal firms, audit firms and secretarial firms) in interpretation and application of the Listing Requirements.
Mr. Chee had also been the Director, Compliance & Advisory of Tricor Corporate Service Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur. He was responsible for providing advisory services in compliance with Listing Requirements to the firm’s corporate secretarial and share registrar teams, as well as to the firm’s clients who are listed on Bursa Malaysia. Mr. Chee has accumulated more than 25 years of experience in advisory work relating to Listing Requirements. He has extensive experience in this field from 3 different perspectives namely, as a regulator with Bursa Malaysia, a consultant and an officer with corporate finance experience in a company listed on Bursa Malaysia.
He has conducted training in Listing Requirements for Directors, CEOs, CFOs and Company Secretaries of listed companies, as well as to corporate finance personnel of investment banks, both in his capacities as a Bursa Officer and a professional corporate trainer. He has also conducted training for Bursa Malaysia’s Technical Briefing programs, and various training programs for the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA), Asian Banking School (ABS), Malaysian Investor Relations Association (MIRA) and Malaysian Investment Banking Association (MIBA). Mr Chee is a registered HRDF Trainer.
MIBA Member : RM1500.00 per participant
The closing date for the registration is on Thursday, 15 February 2024.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full payment to the following bank account is required with registration, at least one (1) week prior to the date of the programme :
Pay to: MALAYSIAN INVESTMENT BANKING ASSOCIATION
Account No: 8881003952559
Bank Details: AmBank (M) Berhad
Bangunan AmBank Group,
No. 55, Jalan Raja Chulan,
50200 Kuala Lumpur
Please e-mail payment advice to email@example.com and state the Invoice No.
Cancellation / Substitution
Cancellations or refunds within one (1) week from the date of the programme will NOT be entertained. Non-attendance does not constitute cancellation and no refund will be given. Substitute(s) will be accepted provided forty-eight (48) hours prior written notice is received.
Personal data is gathered in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709).
MIBA reserves the right to change the date, speaker, course contents and programme or cancel the programme in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
For more queries, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +603-27113991.